Thursday, July 24, 2008

MLS All-Star Game Sure To Provide Thrills

I have to say I enjoy this format of the MLS versus somebody else that is currently being employed by the league. The current victims are the Hammers of West Ham in the EPL.

This year's game is being played at BMO Field in Toronto. Many people say they are the league's best fans. I read that their supporter groups are planning to cheer for West Ham. I'm thinking that there's a reason the game should never be held in Canada again. Personally I was against expansion into Canada anyway while ignoring places like Rochester NY and Atlanta or even Seattle (at the time they didn't have a franchise).

To the matter at hand. Our MLS players should win this game. Doesn't mean they will but they should. The All-Stars are undefeated using this format and have downed the likes of Chelsea, Celtic and thrashed Fulham. The other victim's name escapes me at the moment and I'm too lazy to look it up.

Interestingly the MLS team only has 4 defenders among the 18 players selected. That might be a problem for fitting everyone into the game. Maybe Becks will have to slot in at right back. That would be umm thrilling?

Bottom line; MLS to win 3-1 in an exciting match where fun was to be had by all.

No comments: